Sunday, February 07, 2010

Congratulations to the New Orleans Saints!

For the first time ever, the New Orleans Saints have won the Super Bowl. And they did it by playing out-of-the-ordinary ball. I mean, it's one thing to try and run on the fourth down from the 2 yard line rather than kick a field goal, but it's quite another to try for a two-point conversion after running in a touchdown. Who does that ever, let alone in a Super Bowl game?

The Saints played outstanding ball today. They didn't let their mistakes phase them, and just stayed focused on moving the ball down the field. After a slow start, they took possession of the game early in the second half and stayed with it for the balance of play. The biggest excitement was Tracey Porter's interception and 74 yard runback for a touchdown, setting the final score at 31-17 Saints. Their defense held the Colts at bay by blocking passes, pinning receivers to the field, and sacking Manning, the Colts' much-feared quarterback.

I'm no sports fanatic. I could hardly care less about which teams are where in the ranks, let alone the statistics that go on ad infinitum regarding the players' performance. But one thing I like is watching a good football game. And tonight's Super Bowl was just that. Thank you, New Orleans Saints, for bringing a well played game to television.

Oh, and we should give a nod to the Colts. Thanks for showing up and giving the Saints something to mop the field with.

Oh, snap!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello my friend! I would like to tell you that this write-up is awesome, great written and include

almost all important info. I would like to see a lot more articles like this.
iphone development agency

custom embroidery digitizing said...

Hello my friend! I would like to tell you that this write-up is awesome, great written and include almost all important info.

I would like to see a lot more articles like this.
iphone development agency

custom embroidery digitizing said...

Hello my friend! I would like to tell you that this write-up is awesome, great written and include almost all important info.

I would like to see a lot more articles like this.
android app development agency

Cynthia John said...


I’m really amazed with your posting skills as well as with the layout on your blog site. Is this a paid style or did you

modify it yourself? Either way keep up the pleasant quality writing, it is rare to see a great site such as this one these

days.
iphone development agency

Cynthia John said...

I’m really amazed with your posting skills as well as with the layout on your blog site. Is this a paid style or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the pleasant quality writing, it is rare to see a great site such as this one these days.
iphone development agency